CURT: Improving Construction Around the World
The Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) was founded in the fall of 2000 by construction and engineering executives representing major corporations all across the United States and the world. Continuing the 30-year effort of the Construction Committee of the Business Roundtable, CURT provides a national and international forum for the exchange of information, views, practices and policies of construction users from an array of industries. CURT’s primary goal is to enact broad, effective Owner representation and increased Owner leadership on construction industry issues in order to create competitive advantage for Owners.
CURT exists to create a competitive advantage for construction users. CURT accomplishes this multifaceted objective by providing aggressive leadership on those business issues that promote excellence in the creation of capital assets.
An autonomous, not-for-profit organization, CURT strives to produce meaningful changes within the construction industry—promoting overall cost effectiveness; improving the way construction is planned, managed, justified and executed. Additionally, CURT works toward changing and improving what Owners allow, require and accept responsibility for on their global construction projects.
Representing nearly $200 billion in capital and maintenance spending power, CURT is the premiere Owners’ organization and is recognized as a driving force behind continuous and significant improvement throughout the construction industry. By providing cutting edge products and services, initiating industry trends and advising key decision makers in the U.S. and international construction industry, CURT offers its members unparalleled benefits and, most importantly, quantifiable results.
As the premier construction owner organization around the world, CURT exists to…
- Improve quality and cost effectiveness in Owner construction and maintenance projects.
- Represent “the Owners’ voice” to the industry and give Owners direct involvement in national and international construction issues.
- Provide resources for sharing best practices among Owners.
- Supply a forum to address mutual Owner issues—especially those of safety, labor relations, productivity improvement and other cost-reduction strategies.
- Provide opportunity for Owners to network on domestic and international issues.
- Promote workforce recruitment, education and training, as well as effective construction planning and practices.
- Provide a repository for Owner resources so they may become more effective decision makers.
- Communicate and interact with contractors and associations to assure that the Owner’s voice is heard and understood.
- Improve existing and create new strategic alliances with both open-shop and unionized sectors of the industry.
- Develop industry standards and Owner expectations with respect to safety, training and worker qualifications.
- Empower and enhance the effectiveness of Local User Councils throughout North America.
We welcome you to join CURT and be part of our work.
What can CURT do for your company?
There are three full, paid membership options in CURT. If you are not sure right now about one of these options and just want to check out CURT with online access, click here.
If you are an OWNER and are interested in CURT membership, click here.
If you are a CONTRACTOR and are interested in CURT membership, click here.
If you are an ASSOCIATION and are interested in CURT membership, click here.
If you are a YOUNG PROFESSIONAL and are interested in CURT membership, click here. (Coming Soon)