Committee: Process Transformation
In order to create competitive advantage and provide aggressive leadership for construction users around the globe, CURT has established working committees and task forces—led by CURT member leaders—to address core initiatives that affect the construction industry on a daily basis.
The CURT Executive Committee appoints committee and task force chairs and co-chairs annually. CURT forms ad hoc committees as needed to address critical issues.
to view the committee leadership.
Process Transformation Committee Objectives
- Develop a Business Case for technology-enabled collaborative asset delivery processes that result in measurable improvements.
- Serve as CURT’s support to the 3xPT initiative, leading the effort in defining the Owner’s roadmap to transformation.
- Enhance the Owner’s ability to bring projects to more satisfactory and productive conclusions through the quality and accuracy of design and construction documents and processes.
- Develop communication processes that enable Owners, contractors, and A/E firms to share advances and improvements in product quality.
- Establish a broad perspective of industry-wide integrated technology systems to include planning, engineering, design, cost estimating scheduling and project management.
- Guide industry-wide technology development that will enhance all lifecycle phases of construction.
- Incorporate environmental stewardship and move toward the "greening” of the design/construction process.
- Develop guidelines for BIM Implementation.
CURT has developed several initiatives to address and improve the construction industry on a variety of levels. These groups are operated by CURT member volunteers and, in some cases, representatives from other industry-related organizations. The following is one of those initiatives.
CURT 3xPT Strategy Group Objectives
The Construction Users Roundtable, the Associated General Contractors of America and the American Institute of Architects have joined together through the "3xPT Strategy Group" to work toward a transformed and sustainable construction industry, where each project is designed, developed and delivered to optimize value across its lifecycle. The tripartite group is promoting work across traditional industry stakeholder boundaries and leverage the use of 3-D, 4-D and 5-D modeling and other intelligent technologies.
- Define the balance - what is optimum value as regards to interactive pre-planning, asset operation, and total cost of ownership
- Align delivery strategies, roles and responsibilities with new model contracts and values
- Eliminate linearity (promote collaboration and early contributions of expertise)
- Define a sample RFQ process for integrated delivery models
- Define protocols for sharing digital information.
Created from a need for industry transformation, 3xPT (3x for the three founding organizations, PT for “Process Transformation”) represents a paradigm shift within the construction industry—a focus on working together as a united front to produce meaningful change, rather than the long-established tendency of working exclusively toward individual objectives.
Under the leadership of the Process Transformation Committee, the sole purpose of the group is to be a credible industry voice, representing the collaboration of constructors, designers and Owners on matters regarding industry process transformation. The vision of the 3xPT Strategy Group is to foster a transformed and sustainable construction industry where each project is designed, developed and delivered to optimize value across its lifecycle, as well as enabling building information modeling (BIM) technology to achieve its greatest potential. 3xPT hopes to help shape the future of construction in relation to the use of available technology, collaboration and maximizing project productivity.
For more information about this Initiative, contact Bob Volkman by email.