Strategy: CURT's Path Toward LEAN Project Delivery
This CURT web-based training is based on the CURT User Practice (WP-1004A).
The Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) represents over 50 major corporations that are among the largest U.S. consumers in the Architecture-Engineering-Construction (AEC) industry.
CURT provides owner input on AEC industry issues and stands for changing and improving:
- overall cost effectiveness
- the way construction is planned, managed, accounted for, regulated and executed
- the way workers are motivated, supervised and work
- what owners permit, require and accept responsibility for
This white paper examines CURT’s emerging path towards LEAN project delivery and how owners, designers, contractors, and researchers can assist each other in the LEAN journey.
The term “LEAN” is misleading because those unfamiliar with LEAN Construction may perceive that it focuses primarily on waste reduction and the use of Just-In-Time (JIT) on construction projects. As a result, with little or no buffers of resources and work-in-progress, projects risk becoming unable to respond to last-minute changes in project conditions. However, the task force kept the term “LEAN” to demonstrate how its efforts center on practices rooted in LEAN Manufacturing (as established by the Toyota Production System) and promoted and researched by LCI and the International Group for LEAN Construction (IGLC).
WP 1004A outlines specifically how:
- Owners Can Help Designers and Contractors Achieve LEAN Project Delivery
- Designers and Contractors Can Help Owners Achieve LEAN Project Delivery
- Owners Can Help Researchers Move the AEC Industry Forward
- Researchers Can Help Owners Achieve LEAN Project Delivery
CURT seeks to introduce LEAN project delivery to projects spanning the diverse range of industries as reflected by its membership (e.g., Petroleum, Consumer Goods, Pharmaceuticals, Power, IT, and AEC Companies). By using CURT conference and workshop sessions as a means to engage its members with early adopters who are practicing LEAN project delivery on a daily basis, CURT is taking steps to help the AEC industry move forward in working towards LEAN project delivery.
$199.00 - Friends of CURT / Non-members
$149.00 - CURT members (Email
Steve Lindholm or call 513-683-4914 for Discount Code)