2019-June Safety Summit
Marriott Salt Lake City University Park
June 12th @ 7:00 AM - June 12th @ 4:00 PM
Proactive Strategies to Minimize the Risks of Impairment on Construction Sites
The data reported in 2017 and 2018 was staggering; an estimated 48.5 million Americans reported using illicit drugs or misusing prescription drugs, nearly 15 percent of construction workers in the Midwest deal with substance abuse, and 20% of employed workers in British Columbia that fatally overdoes worked in construction. There are new marijuana laws in multiple states. Synthetic drugs are becoming more prevalent. All of this can seem overwhelming. What can and should companies do to minimize the risk of drug use on their projects?
We will answer this question at the CURT Safety Summit! Hear from Industry expert who will share best practices and provide insights on a wide rage of topics including:
- Keys to creating a legal and effective marijuana policy
- The pros and cons of drug testing methods
- Proven techniques to assess impairment in the field
- Implementing a drug free workforce program
- The value of employee assistance programs
- Why both mental and physical health and wellness are critical to a safe workforce
- And much more!
Join us on June 12 at the Marriott Salt Lake City University Park (Salt Lake City, Utah). There will be opportunities to network with your peers and engage experts who can answer your questions and help minimize risk on your projects!
For sponsorship benefits and opportunity information, contact Greg Palmer by email at email@example.com or by phone at 513.981.2770