Measure Productivity – Improve Performance
What is the HLPC?
For decades, the construction industry has been plagued by poor project productivity, particularly the craft disciplines, as well as an incapacity to reverse the trend. We compare ourselves to other industries (E.g. manufacturing) and lament our decline while others have substantially improved. The key differentiators are the metrics for benchmarking and the discipline to change.
The opportunity for change has arrived. In a collaborative effort with COAA, CII and CLMA®, we’ve launched the High-Level Productivity Calculator, which enables a project and its craft disciplines to be benchmarked against a validated project index.
How does the HLPC work?
There are 5 easy steps to input your project data and generate the project productivity metrics:
Step #1: Input High-Level Project Info
- General project information – project name, location, type, total cost and start/end dates
- All data submitted is validated before storing in the database for future inclusion in the statistical population
Step #2: Input Project Safety & Hours
- Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR)
- Total direct and indirect workhours
- Select unit of measure (metric or imperial)
Step #3: Input On-Site Quantity & Hours by Discipline
- Quantities and hours for up to 8 disciplines (at least one discipline required)
- Quantities should reflect installed quantities (excluding rework)
- Reported workhours should reflect actual worked hours (not planned hours), including rework hours
Step #4: Input Off-Site Quantity & Hours
- Number of modules and pre-assembled skids
- Project management team size
Step #5: Engineering Deliverables Survey
- Timing and quality of engineering deliverables
After completing the steps above, the productivity report will be generated. If you accessed the HLPC as a guest, your data and report will NOT be retained for future access. Be sure to print this report, save it as a PDF and/or make screenshots for your records. A full CLMA® account enables retention and retrieval of your data and reports.
There is no cost to use this version of the HLPC.