What is the CWDA?
Contractors’ Workforce Development Assessment
The CWDA – Contractors’ Workforce Development Assessment – is a unique assessment tool that objectively measures a contractor’s commitment to workforce development. The goal of the CWDA is to make workforce development a key criterion in the prequalification and final selection of contractors.
How does the CWDA work?
There are three categories of assessments as shown below. When taking an assessment, it’s important that the contractor selects the category that best describes his or her organization.
- Construction Manager
- Self-Performing General Contractor
- Sets workforce development benchmarks for the industry
- Identifies a contractors strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Enhances the ability of owners to qualify contractors
- Promotes the safe and proper completion of projects on-time and on-budget